Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

Virginia's Progress with Sarah Harris

Virginia recently posted images of her Sarah Harris work in progress - and very well she is doing too! It is interesting to hear of how you allocate your time when stitching - do you stitch on and on with one project, rotate projects etc? Virginia's strategy has been to set herself easily achievable goals and this approach is paying dividends now by the look of what she has accomplished so far.
Virgina is a member of the Sarah Harris SAL and you are always more than welcome to pop in and see work in progress. Again we have set up a tabbed page just for SALs, just look at the tabs under the main Needleprint banner and click on SALs to see for yourself how this works. Virginia says she has really enjoyed seeing everyone's Sarah Harris progress.  "They are all so lovely." I couldn't agree more, Virginia!




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this work. I just found this blog, and will be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise to see my sampler here! Thanks so much for the nice compliments.

    This project was the first bit of cross stitch that I picked up after a good ten year hiatus. I have learned so much stitching it, and I have been thrilled to discover all the stitching blogs. Seeing everyone else's work is really inspiring. I especially like the Quaker samplers where stitchers create their own color schemes.

    BTW, is there an offical Needleprint.com or Sarah Harris Flickr group? I ran a few searches, but I couldn't really find anything.

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty work.
    When I have a big project, I stitch 2or3 days, and then I make a small project... then 2or3 days in the big one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been working on Sarah again lately...the challenge is to get enough light in my work area for her. I`m not sure if it`s the colour or the tight weave of my linen, but this sampler is proving to be a challenge on my eyes. I think I have worked out the lighting angle now. I hope to update to the stitch-along blog soon.

    I stitch fairly consistantly, trying not to go more than 2 days without stitching. Lately I have been switching projects as the mood hits me. It`s fun to work on whatever I feel like, although it makes it seem i`m not making a lot of progress!

    ReplyDelete